Apparently this was what I was drinking by choice a decade ago.

This was my birthday activity ten years ago - taking myself off to the Southampton Airport flightpath to photograph aircraft on approach. Don't get me wrong, this is still something I would enjoy now, but it it surprising to see how things have changed in ten years. In some ways so much and in other ways hardly at all. One thing that has definitely changed is my taste for alcohol. Back then I must have only just found that I could actually buy drinks for myself at home (I can't remember drinking anything much before then), and clearly I was only on the level of enjoying cheap and fairly nasty cider (at least it's not Blackthorn). Around this time I also discovered wine, red wine in particular and remember a few Friday evenings when I retired to my bedroom after Film & Chips to find the whole room spinning quite swiftly round and discovered to my surprise that it is possible to fall off the floor. The joys of youth. Now I enjoy real ale and gin from The Cambridge Distillery.
Lembas donughts. © Nick Bailey
drinking habits a decade ago - almost an Andy Worhol of cider
Lembas donughts. © Nick Bailey
a rather beautiful rich sunset
Lembas donughts. © Nick Bailey
the first plane approaches (quite exciting)
Lembas donughts. © Nick Bailey
birds gather in the fading light
Lembas donughts. © Nick Bailey
like a scene from many a film
2014-12-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments here.