SUHC Trip to Yorkshire

Last weekend the Soton Uni Hillwalking Club took a trip to the Yorkshire Dales, to a little place called Chapel-le-Dale for a weekend walking in the dales. Sadly Saturday was washed out completely, and while my group managed the assent of Ingleborough, the cold and rain defeated us forcing us to descend back to camp.

Sunday, meanwhile, made up for it entirely (to be honest I quite enjoyed the difficulty of Saturday's extreme weather walk). The weather was simply glorious, with a warm sun beating down on us making my groups trek from Chapel-le-Dale to Ingleton over the southern flanks of Whernside an utter delight. Not only did the walk make the whole trip worthwhile, but afforded me a wealth of photographic opportunities. Here are some of my finest fruits pretty much straight out of the camera.

My hillwalking group on the horizon


Boulders probably left by glaciation make magnificent monuments



with some grand waterfalls thanks to the limestone rock layers


Some rather interesting patterns in the foam on the creak



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments here.