Bush and Terror

Dear Lord that fool, the President of the USA, the dumb-ass George Bush (whether or not he actually is a dumb ass or not is quite irrelvant for the purpose of this rant) is currently wittering on about the cease-fire between Israel and Lebanon.

He just speaks bollocks about how America is striving for freedom through forcing democracy on them all (the infadels). This is from a man who one his first elections through a range of dodgy tactics. He spouts useless shite about how good Israel is - umm, nothing to do with America funding them to a stupid degree then - and how evil and terror-filled Hezbola is.

They just don't get it these Republicans. They just can't see past their own fat fannys, see beyond their own pre-concieved (and thus totally correct) world view. They have no capacity for self evaluation or self criticism. How can they possibly be allowed to function on their own. These Rebublicans are just scared little bullyish children that should really not be in charge of anything as big as America.

And I've not even mentioned their fucked up vision of Christ and faith. Someone please smack them.

Confront Terror. Fight for Liberty. Strive for Freedom. We care about the loss of innocent lives. Terrorism is the fight of the 21st century.
Sounds great (if you don't engage you brain that is), shame it's all bollocks.

You might well be able to find this Bush conference on CNN. That's where I'm listening to it.

1 comment:

  1. It's so crazy, dude. I don't know how things are in the UK, by comparison, but the politics here are awful. Speaking from the inside, I can tell you that it really is pretty much just as you say.
    Take my family, for an example. I now live in Oregon, but I come from the Deep South of the US. I love that part of the country--I don't have anything categorically negative to say about it, and, as always, most of the stereotypes that get floated around are really quite ridiculous, at least since 1950 or so as regards the South. But my parents are veritable Bush-worshippers, and I love them, of course, but I hate that! They are clearly intelligent people, but they believe everything he says and they stay glued to the TV at every free moment. It's like living in the novel 1984, really. It is. Like my Dad...I've had conversations with him where he has all but admitted that he has grave reservations about the policies of both major parties here. As anyone sensible would. But, anytime this is brought up in the context of a specific issue, he immediately reverts to his psycho-pseudo-conservative way of thinking and starts preaching about evil Muslims. It's profoundly disturbing...I'm just using him as an example, but, as you certainly are aware...it's everywhere, South, North, East, and West. Though much less so in the Western US than elsewhere, I must say, which is largely why I moved here. I don't get it? Is it...physiological or something? I don't know.

    Well, I didn't mean to ramble like that, but your photography caught my eye (awesome) and I hope that your PhD studies continue to go well. I'm an astronomy buff myself, but...strictly amateur.

    Cheers and have a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your comments here.