Laptop Touch Pads

On ths conference James has kindly lent me the use of his old laptop. This is just fantastic and will make my time much more productive (let alone being able to blog more and watch films in the hotel).

However, it's got this one anoying function that I believe is common across most PC laptops - in that when you're typing and accidentally rub or move near the touch pad (that handy device positioned right in the middle of the wrist rest) the cursor suddenly wildly jumps somewhere else in the screen, selects a bunch of text and imediatly deletes it as you continue typing. Very annoying.

Thankfully I ordered an Apple Laptop that has the nifty feature of dissabling the touch pad as soon as you start typing - simple. Brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, very cunning. I didn't know about that.

    Unfortunately the click feature is the one good thing about them. It's really annoying when I've tried a touchpad without the click. How do you get around this? Is there a nifty toggle shortcut?

    (come on Mac I say - delivery date set to this comming Monday :o) )

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your comments here.