Astrophotography again

A beautiful still warm evening encouraged me outside to take some more astrophotography shots after I'd had a quick go a couple of weeks back. This time I think I achieved better success with 30 second exposures at higher ISO. I found that again focusing to infinity is hard with my 35mm prime, but the live view enables a zoom in which does just about work when there is a star in the view. I;m particularly pleased with the wide field view showing some detial of the Milky Way and the fennel shot which has a couple of clusters in the view. Next time I need to improve on the colour cast which is a bit pinky here at my chosen manual white-balance (~4500K). These first of the cropped shots below show detail of the camera shake generated by passing lorries due to the night closure of the A14. The second demonstrates the slip over time from my rather cheap and cheerful tripod. Ooh for a Manfrotto.

Astrophotography - Milky Way. © Nick Bailey
35mm - f/2 - iso 1600 - 30s

Astrophotography. © Nick Bailey
35mm - f/1.8 - iso 100 - 30s

Astrophotography. © Nick Bailey
35mm - f/2 - iso 1600 - 30s

Astrophotography. © Nick Bailey
35mm - f/2 - iso 200 - 256s

Astrophotography. © Nick Bailey
35mm - f/2 - iso 200 - 417s

2015-08-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments here.