Sungkyunkwan Univeristy Logo on the Earth

. © Nick Bailey
Alaköl Audani bearing a very close resemblance to the Sungkyunkwan University Logo
I was browsing the Earth as you do (or at least as I do) following this tweet from Tim Peake on board the ISS:
A Tweet by Tim Peake
Tims tweet

While trying to locate those mountains I zoomed in on a rather intriguing formation which looked like a bit of human engineering - it was indeed a river delta which has been massively utilised for farming right in the far reaches of the east of Kazakhstan near the border with China. I then realised that the formation looked quite like a ginkgo leaf which is the logo for my Father-in-law's university in South Korea - Sungkyunkwan (also the oldest). Sadly when I checked the logo online I realised that the land formation is instead the mirror reflection of the logo. Here they are side by side. For your interest the geographic coordinates are: 46.040012N, 81.036736E near the town of Alaköl Audani
Sungkyunkwan University Logo. © Nick Bailey
Alaköl Audani bearing a very close resemblance to the Sungkyunkwan University Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments here.